Monday 28 March 2011

tenmoregirls artist profile : a mi kim


This week tenmoregirls artist A MI KIM talks to us about her process and what inspires her. For tengirls tencolours, she is exploring the colour BROWN.
For more info about her making story go to kamidesignstory

What materials inspire you?
I've studied the Diploma of Textile Design in Korea which created an interest in different materials besides fabric and working 3D on larger scale. I like various materials like metal, wood, thread or paper which can create their own characters with its colour, pattern & texture.

What is your favorite tool in the workshop? Why?
files? i think it's beautiful & helpful tools that can make rough to smooth surface while sitting at the bench & listening music. It is the most relaxing time among all making process for me.

Where do you think your creativity comes from? (eg family? background? have you always wanted to be an artist/designer?)
i've always wanted to be a designer although i wasn't sure which designer. I've been interested in pretty much every designing area like makeup & hair designer, fashion &
interior... but then after my Dip.of textile design got make me into this jewellery/object field finally in 2002.

What is your favorite colour?
red red red

Who inspires you?
i like Alexander Calder as a general inspiration in term of simplicity & movement. Theseday I often visit Katherine Bowman & Marian Hosking blog/web for my pieces, influenced by my daily lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment