Wednesday 20 April 2011

tenmoregirls artist profile : radka passianova


This week tenmoregirls artist Radka Passianova talks to us what inspires her. For tengirls tencolours, she is exploring the colour BLUE.
For more info about her works go to radka's website

What materials inspire you?
The most inspiring material for me is stainless steel. I am attracted to its cool gray colour, strength and durability. I also find it challenging material to work with as it always tests my capability of cold joining and its finishing.

What is your favourite tool in workshop, why?
My favourite tool is probably jewellers saw and hammer. Jewellers saw is a tool which allows me to cut out shapes out of almost any material I have ever been working with. Sometimes preparation of the metal and cutting it takes long time and the process relaxes me. This basic hand skill requires full concentration and focus on the correct technique and posture.
Hammers I find to be interesting and underrated tools. Depending on the different shape you can achieve different results. You can either use it for simple effects like hitting centre punch before drilling or you can create amazing raised objects.

Where do you think your creativity comes from?
I have never thought about where my creativity comes from. I have always been creative in one way or the other. When I was little I wasn’t planning to become artist/designer but I have always dreamt about it. My brother and mother are very creative, but not professionally. In addition to that I do come from Prague – very inspiring place.
These facts might be an origin of my creativity.

What is your favourite colour?
Blue

Who inspires you?
There are many people who inspire me. Often it is people who don’t have anything to do with design but they are fully passionate about what they do and how they live.

No comments:

Post a Comment